Lenoir Tire Company was founded by Ray Barbre, Sr. in 1928. It started as a tire business and grew into a car and home supply business. As the business continued to grow, major appliances were added. The business located to its present location, 116 E. North St., downtown Kinston, in 1944. In 1946, Ben Askew joined the company and in 1987, when Ray Barbre retired, Mr. Askew acquired the company and changed the name to Lenoir Tire & Appliance, as appliances are a major part of the business. In 1988, Ben's son, Martin Askew, joined the company. Lenoir Tire & Appliance is a family operated business that prides itself on sales and service. We are a service oriented business and attribute our success to the prompt and courteous service that we render to our customers. We offer Big Box store prices with Home Town service.